D. Matthew Sherrer, M.D.
Chairman of Anesthesiology
Brookwood Medical Center
Anesthesia Services of Birmingham welcomes the opportunity to share
our metrics and discuss our approach with Administrators.
We are proud of our accomplishments and are always striving to make our
process, service and partnership stronger while
providing the highest quality care.
Our ASB staffing model has decreased
our salary cost per case by 5%.
Since 2011, we have developed a service model
that has reduced our operating expense by 3%.
A proven track record of cost effective and efficient
service has enabled us to provide coverage for a
large hospital with no stipend.
Epidural Response time less than 5 minutes.
Reduced intraop times for complex
electrophysiology cases by 50% and drastically
improved physician satisfaction.
Epidural Blood Patch rate of .001%.
Lowest Central Line infection rate in
Birmingham area and exceeds National Standards.
Brookwood Baptist Medical Center
Russell Medical Center
Surgery Center of Cullman
Alabama Digestive Health and Endoscopy Center
Who We Are
- Leading anesthesia service provider with 70 years of proven performance
- 30 Anesthesiologists and 110 Nurse Anesthetists cover 85 ORs in the state each day
- Locations include Brookwood Baptist Medical Center, ADHEC, Russell Medical Center, Outpatient CareCenter, Surgery Center of Cullman, Cullman Regional Medical Center, Coosa Valley Medical Center and Citizens Baptist Medical Center
- Have provided anesthesia care for over 90,000 patients in the last year
- Proven track record of cost effective and efficient service has enabled us to provide coverage for a large hospital with no stipend.
- Since 2011, we have developed a service model that has reduced our operating expense by 3%.
- Our staffing model has decreased our salary cost per case by 5%.
- Profitable at all service locations
- Low turnover on MDA and Anesthetists staffing
Our Clinical Service
- Dynamic staffing model enables flexibility and optimal OR utilization
- 24 hour in house coverage for high volume OB department
- Participation in Quality Metrics Reporting - member of AQI
- Robust compliance program
- Meet or exceed all timely and effective surgical care measures compared to state and national averages
- Specialized Heart Call
- Reduced intraop times for complex electrophysiology cases by 50% and drastically improved physician satisfaction